Workers' Compensation Fraud Attorney
Defending Madera, Tulare & Kings Counties from Fraud
Workers' compensation (or "workers' comp") fraud is a serious
offense in California. The fraud is classified as a felony, and the penalties
can be severe. Upon conviction of workers' compensation fraud, penalties
include fines of up to $50,000, and up to five (5) years in jail.
There are many types of workers' comp fraud, including:
- False Injury (receiving workers' comp benefits for an injury that does
- Claiming benefits for an injury sustained outside of the workplace;
- Falsely stating the nature or exaggerating the extent of the injury;
- Failing to disclose an underlying, non-work-related injury that may have
contributed to the claimed work-related injury; or
- Receiving workers' comp benefits from more than one employer covering the
Workers' Comp Fraud Defense Lawyers
If you are facing charges of workers' compensation fraud, you need to speak
to experienced workers' comp fraud defense attorneys. We have the skills,
knowledge and professional representation to guide you through the legal
process from beginning to end. If you have questions regarding a workers'
compensation fraud charge, or any other criminal case or investigation,
do not hesitate to contact Wapner Jones P.C. to schedule a free consultation.
Fill out our online contact form today, or call (559) 257-4707.