Workers' Compensation Fraud
Defending Madera, Tulare & Kings Counties from Fraud
Workers' compensation (or "workers' comp") fraud is a
serious offense in California. The fraud is classified as a felony, and
the penalties can be severe. Upon conviction of workers' compensation
fraud, penalties include fines of up to $50,000, and up to five (5) years in jail.
There are many types of workers' comp fraud, including:
- False Injury (receiving workers' comp benefits for an injury that does
- Claiming benefits for an injury sustained outside of the workplace;
- Falsely stating the nature or exaggerating the extent of the injury;
- Failing to disclose an underlying, non-work-related injury that may have
contributed to the claimed work-related injury; or
- Receiving workers' comp benefits from more than one employer covering
the same injury.
Workers' Comp Fraud Defense Lawyers
If you are facing charges of workers' compensation fraud, you need
to speak to experienced workers' comp fraud defense attorneys. We
have the skills, knowledge and professional representation to guide you
through the legal process from beginning to end. If you have questions
regarding a workers' compensation fraud charge, or any other criminal
case or investigation, do not hesitate to contact Wapner Jones P.C. to
schedule a free consultation. Fill out our online contact form today,
or call (559) 257-4707.